Enrolling your child at Kauri Flats School is easy!
During the Red setting of the CPF, please download the enrolment forms and ensure you have all required documentation, then call the school office to arrange a time to bring the required documents to the school.
KFS Student Health Record - completed
KFS Cyber Safety Use Agreement
If you are not a permanent NZ resident please provide relevant permits
We require a copy of your full Birth Certificate (or passport if born outside of NZ)
3 forms of proof of address - Tenancy agreement with bond lodgement confirmation or Sale and purchase agreement, and any 2 of the following: Utility Bill, Immigration Dept, Electoral Roll confirmation- current, NZ post Change of Address form, Work & Income, historical rent payments via your bank statements.
Once we have received your enrolment, we will arrange visits for your preschooler to visit their base and meet their teachers.
Preschool visits are 2-3 sessions for your child to become familiar with their teachers and the learning environment, prior to starting school. Our Office Administrator will email you to arrange your Pre-school visits. We ask that you sign in to the office for each of these mornings. Try to be early so that your child can have a look around and feel comfortable, and you get to meet the teachers.
School Fleece, Shirt, Shorts, Skort and Trousers can be purchased from SAS/The Uniform Shoppe, Wood Street, Papakura
Please ensure your child is able to do up their own laces before purchasing lace up shoes
● Shorts, Trousers or Skorts can be worn throughout the year.
For further information about uniform, please see the Uniform Pages.
Getting ready for School
Below are some suggestions of activities you can be doing with your child before they start school with us:
- Know their name – recognise their own name when it is written down. If they are interested, help them to learn to write their name.
- Alphabet – begin to recognise letters from the alphabet. Please begin with the lower case letters.
- Colours – know the basic colours – red, blue, black, orange, yellow, green, white, brown, pink and purple.
- Shapes – know the basic shapes.
- Books – enjoy books together.
- Numbers – recognise numbers 1 to 10, count to 10 and making sets of small objects.
- Communication – be able to ask for things they need, have a conversation with others.
- Be able to use the toilet independently.
It is not essential for your child to know or do all these things before they start school.
Research states that is takes approximately 6 weeks for a child to settle into a new school. We do our best to make sure our students are able to feel welcomed, settled and ready for learning as quickly as possible.
Here is an article that may help you with supporting your child as they start at school.