Kauri Flats

Meet the Staff 

Matt Williams - Principal

Matt was appointed in early September 2015.  He was previously Principal at Rongomai School and Deputy Principal at Manurewa Intermediate School.  Matt has a history of working alongside other professionals to ensure the redevelopment of schools is both creative, innovative and has the learners best interest at heart.  He has done this successfully as part of a highly successful team at Manurewa Intermediate School and then as Principal at Rongomai School.  He has a great knowledge and understanding of how to grow and nurture the talents of staff and students to gain the best learning and social outcomes.  

Email: matthew.williams@kauriflats.school.nz

Leigh Linton - Deputy Principal: Learning and Teaching

Leigh joins Kauri Flats School from 'down the road' at Papakura Normal School.  She has been teaching for a number of years in a New Entrant class and leading school wide PB4L (Positive Behaviour for Learning).  Leigh brings a great deal of experience in developing curriculum and assessment and will be a great addition to the team and development of the school.

Email: leigh.linton@kauriflats.school.nz

Renee George

Renee joined us from teaching in years 1/2 in South Auckland for the past two years.  She brings her creative and literacy talents to our junior school.  Renee will be developing PE and Health across the school for 2018.

Email: renee.george@kauriflats.school.nz

Gemma Tebble

Gemma joins the junior team with over five years experience teaching new entrant/year 1.  Gemma has recently been teaching at Chapel Downs School.  She brings a wealth of experience to the team and even more ideas to grow the learning within the school.

Email: gemma.tebble@kauriflats.school.nz 

Anna Sizer

Anna joined us from teaching in Mangere for the past five years.  She brings middle school experience and has an inquiry/science background which she is leading across the school for 2018.

Email: anna.sizer@kauriflats.school.nz 

Uai Liu

Uai joined us from teaching in the middle/senior students and has been based in Otara for two years.  Uai brings skills in music, culture and sport to the team and is passionate about developing STEM/Digital technologies across the school.

Email: uai.liu@kauriflats.school.nz

Darsh Dahya

Darsh is an experienced teacher who joined us from Palmerston North Normal Intermediate.  She has a passion for all sports , mathematica and pastoral care.  Darsh will be overseeing math during 2018.

Email: darsh.dahya@kauriflats.school.nz 

Ezra Feau

Ezra joins the senior team from Puhinui School.  He brings with him a passion for developing STEM/Digital technology and growing student outcomes through listening and incorporating student interest to grow learning and build capacity.